Indium Corporation® is proud to showcase its proven products and expertise for the rapidly evolving electric vehicle manufacturing and e-Mobility market at The Battery Show, September 12-14, in Novi, Michigan.
With its significant automotive industry expertise and an award-winning portfolio of proven products, Indium Corporation will feature its Rel-ion™ suite of electrical, mechanical, and thermal solutions to reduce electric vehicle (EV) manufacturers’ time to market.
More than four million EVs are on the road with Indium Corporation’s reliable, scalable, and proven Rel-ion products. Rel-ion material solutions deliver reliability by:
- Eliminating non-wet opens and head-in-pillow defects
- Preventing dendritic growth by meeting stricter surface insulation resistance requirements
- Preventing solder delamination with precise bondline control and increased creep and fatigue resistance
- Reducing hot spots-induced voiding through improved thermal efficiency
Some of the featured Rel-ion products include:
- Indalloy®301 LT Alloy for Preforms/InFORMS®, a novel Pb-free alloy that enables lower processing temperatures in preform soldering compared to SAC alloys. Specifically designed for power module applications, this alloy prevents warpage in package-cooler attach scenarios without sacrificing reliability like traditional bismuth-containing low-temperature alloys. It is available in preforms, ribbon, or InFORMS®.
- Award-winning Durafuse® LT, a novel solder paste mixed alloy system with highly versatile characteristics that enable it for energy savings, high-reliability, low-temperature, step soldering, and assemblies with large temperature gradients. It also provides superior drop shock performance as compared to conventional low-temperature solders, outclassing BiSn or BiSnAg alloys, and performing better than SAC305 with optimum process setup.
- The 9HF Solder Paste Series, an industry-proven solder paste series that delivers no-clean, halogen-free solutions designed to achieve high surface insulation resistance (SIR) and improve stability during the printing process for high-reliability automotive electronics.
- InFORMS®, reinforced solder alloy fabrications, improve mechanical and thermal reliability, and are specifically designed to produce consistent bondline thickness for power module applications. They also address specific challenges for the power electronics industry by providing an enhanced material for the development of more reliable and higher performance modules.
- Heat-Spring® solutions, ideal for TIM2 applications, are a compressible interface between a heat source and a heat-sink. These indium-containing TIMs offer superior thermal conductivity over non-metals—with pure indium metal delivering 86W/mK.
To learn more about why over four million electric vehicles are on the road with Indium Corporation’s innovative materials, visit booth #3205 or indium.com/emobility.
About Indium Corporation
Indium Corporation® is a premier materials refiner, smelter, manufacturer, and supplier to the global electronics, semiconductor, thin-film, and thermal management markets. Products include solders and fluxes; brazes; thermal interface materials; sputtering targets; indium, gallium, germanium, and tin metals and inorganic compounds; and NanoFoil®. Founded in 1934, the company has global technical support and factories located in China, Germany, India, Malaysia, Singapore, South Korea, the United Kingdom, and the U.S.
For more information about Indium Corporation, visit www.indium.com or email email@example.com. You can also follow our experts, From One Engineer To Another® (#FOETA), at www.linkedin.com/company/indium-corporation/ or @IndiumCorp.